What the EMU Students are Saying–Rachel
An interview with pre-student teacher Rachel Robinson:
What was your favorite lesson so far? Middle School Math–Symmetry and Mandalas
This lesson is my favorite because the students seemed to be very engaged. I enjoyed watching and helping the students make unique mandala designs. Each student used their knowledge of symmetry and tracing paper to create a mandala that was made up of cool shapes, patterns, and colors. They turned out awesome!
Top five things I’ve learned since I started this experience
- Timing the lesson can be difficult
- You can never be too prepared
- Students will ask questions that catch you off guard
- Teaching with a co-teacher is SO HELPFUL
- You can’t rely on technology
Thanks, Rachel, for your thoughts!